Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A day at the shore

On Saturday of our 4th of July weekend we went down to the Jersey shore. Probably not the greatest idea because it was really crowded and bad traffic to get there but we still had a lot of fun. Ruby really loves the beach. She cried pretty hard when we had to leave saying "beach" in the saddest voice ever. Ruby pretty much hung out with daddy and Beckett hung out with me. Beckett was being super fussy and teething. So I had to nurse him a lot and then put him in the baby carrier. So he didn't quite enjoy the sand like I thought he would. But we will try again next time! We were meaning to go down to Island Beach state park but I called on the way there and they said something about being closed. People in Jersey are not the nicest on the phone so I didn't press for details and I was like lets just take the next turn off and head towards the beach. So we did and we ended up in Asbury Park. And it turned out really great. I feel silly calling it the Jersey shore because I just think of that dumb tv show, but I guess that's really what people call it here!
 ^A little scared of the waves at first
 ^She picked out this pink swimsuit at Target and was so excited about it. She even insisted on wearing it to bed one night after we bought it. Little girls are the best.
^My favorite. She was having so much fun but she gets so serious when she is having fun too. I just love her. 
^And here's me and Bubby for a lot of the time at the beach. Under the nursing cover and then in the carrier. He was being the clingiest baby that day. We did a lot of people watching haha. 
 ^Then, a little bit of fun with the funnest dad ever
^Tried to get all of us in a family selfie! Not super successful..

Until the next time Jersey Shore!

1 comment: