Sunday, July 17, 2016

Lehigh Valley Scenic Railway

We had a super fun fourth of July weekend. On Friday, Ronnie took a vacation day because he's been working super hard with some long days lately... so hello 4 day weekend! We actually didn't really have a plan on what we were going to do that day. But we started out in Pottsville so Ronnie could get a dirt bike pass. After that, since we were already up North, we went to Jim Thorpe, which I had been wanting to check out for awhile. It's an old coal mining town on the Lehigh River and it's really cute. Our plan was to tour this historic mansion but as soon as we got out of the car, it started to down pour and we were not prepared at all. But we saw this train going by and thought it looked super fun so we did that instead. We still got soaked but it was okay! Ruby does love her "chee chees" and I love seeing the pretty scenery so it was a no brainer. Here are some photos from our trip!
^I really want to come back in the fall and see all the pretty colors
^Yup, they are cute. 
^This one cracks me up. The gave each of them an American flag which was of course really exciting for Ruby, and Beckett too.

^I just love her little pigtails. She has nap hair so it's a little crazy.
^Little buddies... and still having fun with those flags
^The most cuddly photogenic baby. Love him!
^I love them so much. Daddy was making us laugh. 

So I'm definitely excited to come back to Jim Thorpe and do a little more exploring of this cute town! I have been getting really into the history of where we live lately. The weekend before we went to the National Canal Museum in Easton and that's what inspired us to go up to Jim Thorpe. I could talk more about the history stuff but I think it would get a little boring for this blog post hah! Next I'm going to make a blog about our day at the Jersey Shore!


2 comments:

  1. Aw! You look so pretty in those photos with Beckett <3
    Can't wait to see photos from Jersey Shore. p.s. did you see Snooki? jk lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly! Haha I saw a lot of people that looked like Snooki lol, there was some interesting people watching! And they kept photobombing my pictures hahaha

      Delete