Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The most beautiful Oregon beach day

I can't believe it is already September and we are getting close to fall and Beckett's 2nd birthday! We are really enjoying being back in Oregon. Although Ruby really misses her old house in Pennsylvania. She talks about it all the time. I am glad it felt like home to her! But hopefully it starts feeling like home in Oregon really soon too.

Thinking back on this summer, I am like wow that was a crazy ride. It had some great moments like Disneyland and visiting family/friends and Alpine. But also moving and a lot of strep throat that ended up with me getting my tonsils removed. :( The final straw on all that sickness was the first week we got to Oregon- me and the kids all had strep throat and I know I gave it to them. It was so sad. And I was sad/anxious that the doctor was probably going to tell me I needed my tonsils out (which he did). Now that I am 3 weeks out from the surgery I can finally say I am feeling good again!

I feel so grateful that the whole surgery experience was really good overall. I have never had surgery and I was so anxious. I really don't like being on the patient side. I ended up with a really good surgeon (especially for being new to town and having no clue where to go) and the surgery center was great too. Recovery was kind of up and down. I am so glad my mom could come help. I had this kind of scary bleeding episode 2 weeks after the surgery so I ended up being on a soft diet for longer than expected. I am finally eating more normal food now and I have never appreciated it so much! 

So I wanted to share some pictures from the most beautiful Oregon beach day ever. This was about a month ago before my surgery but when we were all feeling good. I love the Oregon coast but it's usually foggy and you definitely need a sweater. On this gorgeous day we tried out a new beach, Hug Point. It was so fun. It had a great sandy beach, some waterfalls from a stream, caves, tide pools, and rock formations. It was a great day. Here are some pictures!
^Ruby in her happy place. It's pictures like this that make me really happy I signed her up for ballet. We are starting this week!
^You guys I love this picture. Look at how Ronnie and Ruby are walking perfectly in sync!
 ^I love the poses she comes up with lately
^At low tide, there are all these little pools to play in

^So happy
^I love the little spring in his step here
^Already missing those curls!
^My guys!
^Ruby called this the spooky cave
^Another one that makes me happy I signed her up for ballet
 ^I kinda wish that was our dog, haha
^I was there too, haha.
And that's it! I have a feeling we will be going back to the beach very soon. Ruby recently got a "beach barbie" that came with a dolphin and surfing dog and has been asking to take Barbie to the beach several times a day. So that's probably what we will be doing this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment