Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ruby's Room Tour

Ruby's room is probably my favorite room in the whole house. It feels so happy to me. I just got these new party honeycomb balls (what do you even call those?! Haha) and I re-did her room a little bit so I thought I would take a few pictures. I am pretty proud of her room because pretty much all the decorations in her room were super on sale, DIY, or something I have collected along the way. I would of course have loved to buy everything at the Land of Nod or one of those fancy kid stores, but yeah.. it's all Ikea.. my one true love haha (only kind of kidding, sorry Ronnie!). We have lived in this house for almost 9 months now! The last few places we lived in, that is about the time we learned we were moving so it's nice to be staying put for awhile. I love this house especially all the big windows that let in a ton of natural light. I have also been super into organizing lately and it feels so good! I actually kind of like cleaning my house now, who knew that was the key!? So here we go.
^This is the view walking into her room
^It's hard to see but she got this picture from her church class of Jesus hugging a little girl and she came home and wanted to put it next to her bed. I about melted from the sweetness. Pretty sure it will stay there forever.
^I got this giant print from Parabo Press. I didn't realize it would be so huge, but I like it. They often put out codes with really good deals. I only paid shipping for this one! 

One day I would love to get one of those trendy tee-pees! This one was pretty cheap from amazon and is a little dilapidated now, but at least it is well played in!
^I added the pompom trim to some plain white curtains. I made these when Ruby was just a baby inspired by some I fell in love with from Pottery Barn but couldn't afford. I have room darkening panels hanging up behind the pretty ones.
 ^She loves her teddy bear. We took her to build a bear and let her get any bear and outfit she wanted when she had to give up binkys. Now it's hard to remember a time when there were binkys in our house. I sewed the pillow cases and pillow covers. I still need to make her a quilt, this is my old one from college!  
^One of my favorite things in her room. A dream catcher made by my uber talented sister in law, Mae. She makes jewelry too you guys. 
^A lot of the prints in her room are Paper Source wrapping paper sheets, they are under $5. Super expensive for wrapping paper, but stinkin' cheap for prints! I used washi tape to hang up a lot of her pictures (my other love, besides ikea). We are just renting so I don't want to put a ton of holes in our walls, even though Ronnie would tell you differently because I still put a ton of holes haha.
^Feeding her fish. She has 2 goldfish. One is named Goldie, like Peppa Pig's fish and the other is simply Fishy. But we are open to better names haha. 
^Raiding her room as usual. This is my life most of the time. He just won't leave her alone and then they fight a lot! And Beckett is a biter. I have to be super on my toes!
^A stool I stained and painted from.... yep, ikea. For now it holds her books and things until I get her a real nightstand. 
This print was actually the inspiration for most of her room. Its one of the first things I bought for her room when she was just a baby. It's a print from Kelli Murray, one of my favorite artists. 

Well that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed it! I want to do a room tour of Beckett's room next but I still need Ronnie to hang up a couple things for me. So hopefully I can get it up soon!


2 comments:

  1. I love her room, We would play together and read books there. Its such a happy place!

    ReplyDelete