Sunday, April 2, 2017

Beckett's room tour &18 month update

I am so excited to share with you guys Beckett's room tour. It's been a work in progress since we moved in. He didn't have a room in Portland so I was excited to decorate a boy's room! My original plan was to do woodland creatures/nature/explorer theme (I'm not too great at picking one theme haha) but around the time he turned one he started loving cars so I tried to work that in too. We did a lot of DIY projects, I have to give a big shout out to my handy husband who followed through on all my ideas! If you stick around till the end, I'll share a little update on Bubby as well, our rambunctious little 18 month old.

^Ronnie cut these mountains out of some spare wood and I stained and painted them.
^This was my favorite project in his room! We made these bookcases last fall out of an old pallet cut in half. I love how it turned out.
^Oh man those eyebrows. Despite the scowl, he really loves reading his books.
^I had fun making this collage wall! I love the Portland postcards that go with the explorer/nature theme. 
 ^We bought this dresser from a friend. It was wood but a little dated so I painted it green! I went back and forth between wanting a pop of color or gray, and decided to go with color, obviously. Still not sure about the handles but for now I'm happy with it. 
^Cute little cross stitch made by my sister Christy! The blanket he is sitting on matches one my mom crocheted for him! 
^My original inspiration for his room. The quilt I made while I was pregnant with him!
^Fun little lego table we DIY'd with an ikea side table. The only ikea things in this room are the lego table, lamp, and car rug... pretty shocking for me haha. 
^Another little DIY, I painted this plain wooden crate and had Ronnie add the wheels. 
^Still loves his cars.
^My favorite one!

Beckett turned 18 months about a week ago. His vocabulary is really taking off all of a sudden, it's so fun. He is surprising me with new words everyday it seems like. His favorite books are ones with animals and he can say almost all the animal noises. He also has some serious rhythm and groove. He loves to sit and sing songs and bob his head to the rhythm. He does all the actions to Popcorn popping and sings along pretty well to twinkle twinkle little star. Ronnie jokes that he has a deeper voice than I do, which may be true. I love how he will say "yay" in the deepest little boy voice. He is getting really good at saying thank you! He is 33 inches tall (78th percentile) and 28 lbs (90th percentile) and in 2T clothes. He's a big healthy boy. He is so lovable, always giving us hugs and kisses, and occasionally biting us :( He might be a little tornado some days but we love this guy so much! 

^Had to include some of my Ruby! Such a big girl these days and super sweet.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment